Food For Friends Pantry
This monthly food pantry is available to all who need it. Donations may be placed in the bin on the church porch. Currently, we are collecting:
- Bags/Boxes of Rice and Rice Dishes (i.e. Rice a Roni)
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Ready-to-eat soups or stews
- Peanut butter (not the huge jar)
- Jelly (plastic jars or squeezables)
- Boxes of cereal (smaller than the “Family Size” box)
These are gift baskets, prepared with Unity Community Center, celebrating birthdays for children and older adults. Donations may be placed in the bin on the church porch or brought to drive-in church service. Currently, we are collecting:
- ‘Variety packs’ of individually bagged snacks (like those used for school lunches) — especially needed!
- Individually wrapped candies (or small boxes) — especially needed!
- Individual packages of crackers — especially needed!
- Small stuffed animals
- Packs of festive-looking tissue paper
- Large colorful bows to wrap the baskets
- Individual (or small clusters) of artificial flowers
- Decorative/scented candles in jars
- Small packages of cookies (i.e. Oreos, chocolate chip)
Common Ground Free Store
This program provides basic needs to anyone in a caring environment with compassion and dignity. Clothing donations may be dropped off at the East Store location, 193 E Central Ave, during operating hours. Volunteers are needed to work shifts at the two stores, assisting shoppers and organizing donations. See https://commongroundfreestore.org/ for more information. Currently, there is a need for:
- New packages of socks and underwear (all sizes)
- Children’s shoes
- Men and teen boys clothes
- Body wash
This program provides furniture and housewares to families moving out of Family Promise House and into a new home of their own. Please contact Bonnie Ristau (740-972-4059, firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements for your donations.
There is a constant need for:
- Sheet sets and blankets
- Shower curtains and towels
- Lamps, dishes, silverware, pots and pans
- Coffee makers, microwaves
- Tools (hammer, screwdrivers, etc)
Currently, we also need:
- Kitchen or dining room tables
- Chairs and couches
First Wednesday Community Meal
This ministry provides an evening meal to anyone in the community who would like it. Currently, we are providing meals to Common Ground Free Store to distribute on the first Wednesday of the month. Contact Elizabeth Patzke or email email@example.com for more information.
- For the November 2021 meal, bakers may bring cookies for dessert to church on October 31 (the cookies will be frozen to stay fresh until Wednesday).
- Ongoing need: disposable full size or deep steam table aluminum pans 21″ x 13″. Pans may be new or used. (We can sanitize used pans.)
Miracle on William Street
Presented by Common Ground Free Store, this ministry provides gifts for families to select and wrap for their children. All donations may be dropped off at Delaware Christian Church (2280 W William Street) during regular business hours in the month of November. We need:
- lots of volunteers to cover shifts from 8 AM – 12 PM and 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM on December 4, 2021. You can sign up to volunteer on this link: Volunteers.
- lots of toys of all types for ages newborn to 18. If you prefer to shop online, check out our Amazon Wishlist here: MOWS Wishlist.
- rolls of wrapping paper.
- large black bags to transport gifts home without being seen.
- red and green dot stickers, unmarked.
If you have any questions about Miracle on William Street, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief)
Involved in God’s work in more than 60 countries, UMCOR addresses many needs, especially disaster relief, in a variety of settings and cultures. To contribute to UMCOR, you may donate through WSUMC (indicate either in the memo line of your check or the “other” line if you give online) to have your donations included in your annual giving statement from WSUMC. You may also donate directly to UMCOR on their website: https://umcmission.org/umcor/.