Common Ground Free Store
The ministry provides basic needs (clothing, shoes, housewares, etc.) and a meal, for free, to anyone, in a caring environment with compassion and dignity.
(This is a ministry that had its origin with a William Street Mission Trip to Athens, Ohio.)
You may serve with the William Street family in the following ways:
- Volunteer at the Free Store on the 2nd Saturday of odd-numbered months, where we will work together from 1-3:00pm. (January, March, May, July, September, November)
Jobs that may be done during these hours after the store closes are:
- Sorting donations
- Tackling special projects
- Preparing the store for the next open day
- Volunteer at the Free Store on the 2nd Saturday of even-numbered months (February, April, June, August, October, December). We will work together from 10am-1pm, arriving at 9:15 to be trained for the day’s task.
When working during these store hours, jobs that may be assigned are:
- Checking in shoppers
- Serving meals to shoppers
- Assisting shoppers as needed
- Sorting and organizing donations
- Checking out
- Volunteer on your own, in a time slot that fits your schedule. (See commongroundfreestore.org to sign up to volunteer or for more information.)
- Food Providers – You may help provide the 100+ meals that are provided each day they are open – in big ways and small.
Donations – Current Needs
- New packages of socks and underwear (all sizes)
- Children’s shoes
- Men and teen boys jeans, casual pants, and cargo pants
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Monetary donations