Foundation Grant Application
The William Street United Methodist Church FOUNDATION, Inc.
Delaware, Ohio 43015
The William Street United Methodist Church Foundation, Inc. welcomes grant requests from organizations having recognition under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Gifts are made for charitable, scientific, religious, literary or educational purposes.
Grant applications must be in keeping with the purposes of the United Methodist Church. Grant requests for projects sponsored by qualifying organizations located in Delaware County, Ohio will be preferred, although grant monies need not be expended in Delaware County.
The Foundation makes no grants to individuals except through a sponsoring organization qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation operates without discrimination as to age, race, religion, sex or national origin in considering grant requests from agencies and organizations.
The William Street Methodist Church Foundation, Inc. is interested in funding organizations that can demonstrate they have planned their projects with an emphasis on human needs, Grant applicants should keep in mind that priority is given to projects that:
- Reach especially those persons whose needs are not met by existing services.
- Request seed money for innovative programs in the Foundation’s fields of interest.
- Encourage matching gifts or additional funding from other donors, such as the general public or government
- Yield substantial benefits for the resources invested..
Grants are awarded by the Foundation for definite purposes and for projects covering a specified period of time. Grant applications should include the Foundation’s Request for Information form and the formal proposal as outlined below.
The Foundation looks for proposals that reflect careful planning and demonstrate a strong base of support. In preparing the proposal, grant applicants should include the following information in the order stated:
- Request for Information form to be completed and submitted as a cover sheet.
- Concise history of the requesting organization with an overview of its current programs and activities.
- Copy of the organization’s most recent tax exempt letter under Section 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Code.
- Statement from the organization’s Board authorizing the request and agreeing to carry out the project if funded.
- Description of the problem or need to be met by the project.
- Detailed description of the project, including the method for implementing objectives, and timetable.
- Names and qualifications of persons responsible for carrying out the program.
- Detailed project budget, including income sources and expenditures.
- Most recent audited financial statement and current operating budget of the organization.
- Plan for continuing the project once Foundation funding ends.
- Criteria for judging the project’s effectiveness.
- Letters recommending the project and other supporting material.
Grant applications will be considered by the Foundation twice a year. Grant requests should be submitted by the first Friday in April and October in order to be considered in June and December.
The proposals should be submitted to:
The William Street United Methodist Church Foundation, Inc.
28 West William Street Delaware, Ohio 43015
Questions regarding applications and the Foundation may be directed in writing to the same address.
The William Street United Methodist Foundation, Inc. was established in 1980 as a charitable, not-for-profit corporation which accepts and administers gifts from various sources to help meet the needs of the community. All full members of William Street United Methodist Church are automatically voting members of the Foundation, which is governed by a Board of Trustees of the Foundation.